Volunteer Hosting Program
Individuals and couples agree to volunteer for a specified number of hours and period of time in one of six Volunteer Host Positions. As one of the many benefits, these volunteers receive a free campsite during their stay. Although not park employees, Volunteer Hosts are vital to the operation of Delaware State Parks and are regarded as partners and team members.
- Campsite with renewable agreement (See amenities at sites)
- Flexible Scheduling
- Admission to all Delaware State Parks while hosting
- Park and staff events
- Special events
- 15% Discount on merchandise purchases
- Opportunity to expand knowledge of historical, wildlife and environment of Delaware.
- Volunteer Hosts must supply their own camping equipment.
- Minimum Stay: 2 months during shoulder seasons (Prior to June, after August); 3 months in Prime Season (June - August).
- Renewable agreements every 2 or 3 months under which Hosts work.
- 24 volunteer hours per week for each person on the campsite or 30 volunteer hours per week for individuals during peak season, or as scheduled with the park.
- Background and Driving Record checks performed for all Hosts.
- Signed Application forms and Agreements must be on-hand prior to beginning duties.
- Hosts must adhere to Delaware State Park Rules and Regulations.